Advanced Rider Training
Starting in 2007, the UtahSBA has developed an incentive program in cooperation with Utah Rider Education, the states premier Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) provider. Take the $70 Experienced Rider Course through Utah Rider Education for $50, Almost 30% off. Then when you take the ART you'll get $20 bucks back! That means you get two schools for $190!
What do you get with the Experienced Rider Course?The ERC comes with a license waiver. So if you don't have your motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license, the ERC will get that for you. Additionally, almost all insurance companies recognize MSF programs and offer a 10-20 percent discount (depending on insurance provider and driving record) for taking the course. That discount alone could pay for your ART course altogether!
Most importantly the ERC is the best way to prepare yourself for an ART! We didn't want to make the ERC a requirement, but we really wanted to give riders an incentive to take the ERC first. We've found that riders who've taken the ERC prior to attending their first ART learn more and improve riding proficiency at a greater degree than riders who've had no previous formal rider training.
If you are interested in participating in this program, visit www.utahridered.com or call 801-394-6564 and be sure to mention this program so the discount will be applied. There is an ERC scheduled the weekend before every ART. When to arrive to take you ART, show your MSF/ERC completion card and $20 will be credited back to your account.
- DOT and Snell approve full-face motorcycle helmet.
- Leather, gauntlet-style, motorcycle specific riding gloves.
- Solid leather boots that cover the ankle that have little or no heel. (motorcycle specific boots preferred for intermediate/advanced groups).
- Leather or Cordura riding suit for intermediate/advanced group.
- Motorcycle specific leather or cordura jacket and two pair of denim jeans worn concurrently for performance street group.
- Good tires with at least 3/32" tread depth Stick a penny in the tread upside down; tread must touch Abe's head.
- Tape mirrors, lenses and lights.
- Recommended to remove the mirrors and disconnect the headlight
- Motorcycle must be in good working condition. This means nothing hanging off, general cleanliness, thick brake linings, good chain and sprocket, good fork seals etc.
Motorcycles operating on the Super Kart Track at Miller Motorsports Park are not required to remove glycol based coolant.
The Fine Print
Motorcycle will be subjected to a technical inspection the morning of the event.
Gates open at at 7am and riders are asked to try to arrive between 7am and 7:30 am. The mandatory riders meeting takes place at 8am and riding/classroom begins at 9am. The day typically wraps up around 5pm.
Attendance is limited at all events. No refunds will be given; however credit towards a future event will be given with 36 hours cancellation notice. Prices the day of the event are subject to a $20 surcharge.